Located in Hampstead, Gilden's Art Gallery specialises in Modern Fine Art of the early 20th century. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Gallery Coordinator.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting in curating exhibitions, research of exhibitions and installation of
- Gallery administration: online marketing and promotion, social media administration, management of the catalogue of artworks, photography and shipment of art works nationally and internationally.
- Art fairs coordination
- Managing all overseas shipping, including imports and exports
- Managing the inventory of artworks
- Presenting art works to high end clientele on a day-to-day basis, face to
face, by phone and internet.
The successful candidate will hold at least a Bachelors degree in Art History or a similar qualification, preferably a Masters degree. He/she will be an ambitious individual who has excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency of one or several other languages will be advantageous.
Prior experience in sales of art works or work as a gallery assistant or auction specialist would be an advantage as well as prior knowledge of original prints and works on paper of the Modern era.
Photography and Design skills will be welcomed.
Availability to work four to five days during the week including weekend is necessary.
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000