Well established art gallery specializing on selling paintings, sculptures and Jewelry from the most unique brand in the modern art industry, located in the high traffic tourist places is looking for an experienced Gallery Director in luxury retail.
• Significant experience in art sales and/or a management role in an art gallery
• The ability to talk comprehensively and engagingly about any and all artwork presented
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer literate
• Good memory and imagination
• Creative sales approach
• Exceptional follow-through, hire and train staff.
The responsibilities of the director are broken down in three parts operational, interpersonal, and fiscal and include, but are not limited to the following
• Maintain security and staff records
• Monitoring gallery environment conditions (such as responding to temperature changes), Interacting with visitors
• Compiling memos and time sheets
• Answering telephones and dealing with correspondence
• Accessible at all times, even when away from the gallery
• Rehanging the gallery at least once a month
• Manages all of the gallery's staff, which can include gallery assistants, framers, administrative staff and interns.
• Secure cost-effective contracts from outside firms for restoration, framing, etc.
• Deal with buyers, public visitors and, often, members of the press
• Train all gallery staff
Balance the expenses of staging and advertising exhibitions alongside staff costs and building costs (everything from electric bills to mailing costs) and the income from sales
• Conduct monthly gallery meetings
• Generate an agreed level of personal sales each month.
• Approves discounts
• Monitors all sales on invoice and layaways to insure collection of payments.
• Meeting the gallery month goal
Director will be expected to work days and evenings preparing the gallery for special events, especially the day before the event.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to the email provided.